I’d be remiss not to give a shout out to Visionariekind, the writer previously known as Kneal1 who tapped me with this honor/nomination.
She described my blog as a “breath of fresh air” which is in direct contrast to my stationary opinion of my website/blog, I don’t have the largest following nor do people plaster my comment boards with queries about my musings, so it is safe to say that the “Sunshine Blogger Award” caught me flatfooted.
If you haven’t had an opportunity… I’d recommend that you saunter over to her site. I often get lost in her power of framing what is complex in the richness of literary nuance.
Again, I thank you for the honor…
The rules for accepting this award:
1) Thank the person who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you.
3) Nominate some other bloggers for this award.
4) Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
5) Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
Here are Visionariekind’s Questions:
1. What is your Favorite Food?
I’m inclined to say that would have to be crab… Or to be particular, crabcakes. There is an ethereal battle between me and my insidious alter-ego Fatdrey who has an insatiable appetite for them. His search for the best crabcake is nothing short of exhausting.
2. What is your definition of success?
My definition of that would be doing what it is that God has called you to do, without any concern for “making a living” because what you are living for has already taken care of that.
3. What do you like most about yourself?
The ability to look my faults, foibles and shortcomings in the face without sugarcoating them and admitting the hurtful and obvious truth that “Damn Shun P. you are really fucked up!”
4. What makes you happy?
Being enveloped in solace and feeling the unmistakable presence of God. Whether that is a couple hundred feet up on cliff, on waterfall or simply sitting on a rock in the middle of a river or surrounded by family… That makes me happy.
5. Has any book changed your life?
The Autobiography of Malcolm X. The narrative of a man who went from one end of the spectrum to another in the search of redemption, changed the trajectory of my life. I was inspired and accordingly it saved me from going into a tailspin towards the end of my sophomore year of High School.
6. If you could be any age, how old would you be?
Damnit, I would be 7 years old. My cuteness was at its apex. I ate for free, lived rent free and I was blissfully ignorant to the cruelty that is the hallmark of the 3rd planet from the Sun.
Here are my nominations:
And… Here are my questions:
1. If you could time travel, what would you do?
2. What is your sacred place?
3. When aren’t you, yourself?
4. If you had to choose… Facebook or Twitter and why?
5. Have you ever encountered an angel?
6. What is your favorite blog post?