I have been the recipient of many awards and accolades during my time on the Planet Earth, but there is nothing that I hold in higher esteem than someone harboring a belief that I am a “good” writer, knowing that something that I pounded out on my laptop has either empowered, elicited a chuckle or caused them to pause in reflection gives me a natural high.
Whenever I am on the receiving end of a compliment, I immediately feel undeserving, but appreciative in the same breath.
With that being said, when I was nominated for the Liebster Award. I was wholly ignorant of its existence this prior to my nomination but, it is an award from bloggers to bloggers who have recently started out and have less than 200 followers.
Outside making you blush, it is an outstanding way to drum up attention to your blog as well giving your propers to a fellow blogger… Who in my case is my esteemed fellow blogger: http://misadventuresdaringescape.wordpress.com/about/
1. Each nominee must link back to the person that nominated them.
2. Answer the ten questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know you have nominated them by going to their website and notifying them.
Now… Let me delve into the questions that were posed to me and the 9 others than were tapped:
1. Why do you write?
I write because it is a way to channel the powerlessness that I feel into something viable. The realization that much is out of our realm of control is a sobering thought, but writing blows that thought process out of the water.This powerlessness vanishes when I am behind the keyboard. Writing is an expression of love for me.
2. If you could morph into an animal, what animal would you be and why?
A bird… A bird baby, I need to fly, because seeing the world from a different vantage point would be nothing short of powerful!
3. What do you do to make money?
I do business efficiency consulting.
4. Where is the coolest place you have visited and why did you like it so much?
Hawaii, I simmered on the big island. I enjoyed it because this was the one time in my life when I was truly at peace. I was there for a week and I smiled the ENTIRE time!
5. Do you have a favorite kind of music? Or artist? Which one(s)?
Jazz is my favorite, the music serves a theme song of sorts, depending on your mood. Sometimes words get in the way.
Now for the hard ones:
6. What is your opinion on the state of the world today? What are some of the biggest problems we face as humans?
The world is a scary place, I think we are taking gleeful pride in being dumb or doing just enough to get by. Reality TV is the backdrop to much of my angst.
The biggest problems in opinion is this faux concept of “race” and how it separates those would otherwise have so much more in common than they realize.
And the gap between the rich and the poor.
7. Do you believe in a higher power? Why or why not?
I definitely believe in the Almighty, I have seen too many indicators of divine intervention, divine presence in my life to think otherwise. I know!
8. If you were going to die today, next year, how would you spend this last year of your life?
Travel… And write, write and write some more. I’d finish up all of the book projects that I am sitting on. That way I could ensure that I would live forever… Written words never die!
9. What is the hardest thing you have ever done for someone else?
Letting them stew in their self destruction, simply because they were inclined to “do it” their way.
10. What truly makes you happy in your life right now? (In one sentence.)
Writing because it is the barrier to what would otherwise be a short path to insanity
Shun P’s.10 questions
1. Why do you write, it is because of passion?
2. What could you quit cold turkey, without a second thought?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
4. What is the most selfless think that you’ve ever done?
5. Do you hold grudges, why or why not?
6. How would your epitaph read?
7. What has been the biggest honor of your life?
8. If you had access to a time machine, what would you change?
9. What is your dream job and how far are you from realizing it?
10. What single person in your family has impacted you the most?
I choose the following bloggers: